Application Deadlines and Fees
Admission to David Geffen School of Drama at Yale is only for full-time graduate study beginning in the fall term. There is no rolling admission. There is no summer session. Transfer or part-time students are not accepted. The David Geffen School of Drama Admissions Committee carefully evaluates all applications, and admission decisions are determined on or before April 1.
Please refer to each program’s more detailed requirements.
Applications for admission must be received by the following dates at 11:59pm E.S.T.:
- November 24, 2021: Playwriting
- December 1, 2021: Directing
- January 3, 2022: Acting, Dramaturgy and Dramatic Criticism
- February 1, 2022: Design, Stage Management, Technical Design and Production, Theater Management, Technical Internship Certificate and Special Research Fellow
- February 15, 2022: Financial Aid applications for U.S. citizens and international applicants. Please refer to Financial Aid Policy and Procedures.
Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test
NOTE: The David Geffen School of Drama has eliminated the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) requirement for prospective applicants. The GRE test will not be considered.
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Must be taken by January 15, 2022 by applicants to all programs
- Required of an applicant whose first language is not English
- IELTS scores are NOT accepted
- School code: 3988
- $110 - All programs; Special Student status; Special Research Fellow
- $50 - Technical Internship Certificate
The nonrefundable application fee can be paid online by Master Card, Visa, American Express, or Discover.
To request a financial need based application fee waiver please download a Request for Application Fee Waiver form. All fee waiver applications must be completed, signed/notarized and original copy received by the Admissions Office ten (10) business days prior to your program deadline. We will do our best to review and respond to your fee waiver application within a week of receiving it.