Yale University is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Yale is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Yale strongly welcomes applications from women, persons with disabilities, protected veterans, and underrepresented minorities.
Under the direction of the David Geffen School of Drama/Yale Repertory Theatre (DGSD/YRT) Associate Dean/Managing Director, DGSD Assistant Dean/General Manager, and Chair of DGSD Theater Management Program, provides executive level administrative, clerical, and financial management support. May work remotely two days per week, in accordance with current DGSD policy.
David Geffen School of Drama at Yale/Yale Repertory Theatre seeks a highly motivated and positive individual to join our staff as a Tailor/Draper.
Some responsibilities include:
- Collaborates with Costume Designer to interpret costume renderings, discussing possible materials and methods to achieve designs.
- Creates unique patterns using flat-patterning and draping techniques.
- Supervises the work of first hands, stitchers, and students, while ensuring and participating in constructing a wide range of complex and specialized costumes and craft pieces.
- Fits costumes on a wide range of actors.
- Uses a variety of complex and specialized tools, processes, materials, and equipment.
- Attends appropriate meetings and rehearsals.
- Assists in maintaining the safety and efficiency of all costume shop operations.
- Prioritizes and performs maintenance and repair of costume shop, tools and equipment.
- Works occasional nights, weekends, and holidays.
Yale Repertory Theatre seeks a highly motivated and positive individual to join our staff as Light Board Programmer/Operator. This position reports to the YRT Stage Carpenter and the DGSD/YRT Lighting Supervisor. Candidates must have professional experience as a Light Board Programmer/Operator. Knowledge of ETC Eos family consoles, good troubleshooting practices, excellent communication & interpersonal skills, and the ability to work flexible hours, including frequent nights, weekends, and occasional holidays.